Website Unión Químico Farmacéutica, S.A.U.
Chemistry for a better life
We are hiring a R&D Process Safety for our R&D department in Sant Celoni. The R&D Process Safety will be assigned the following responsibilities:
- Safety evaluations of new projects/ procedures.
- Stability analysis of materials ( raw materials, crudes, intermediates, reagents, catalyst…) and study of chemical incompatibilities.
- Study of thermal phenomena associated with a given product/ process, finding bibliography and identifying the process point that could generate security problems, both at the laboratory level and during the scale-up.
- Thermochemical analysis with DSC of the process samples identified as singular and interpretation of results.
- Management of reaction calorimetric studies such as ARC or RC1… or scale-up studies and MIE explosion studies either internal or with external centers derived from evaluations of the products/ process and interpretation of these.
- Participation of stablishing of necessary changes for the definition of an intrinsically safe process, , both at the laboratory level and during the scale-up.
- Preparation of Process Safety report of the product/ process. Compilation of all information generated, which is shared with all transfer team of project and is used as a basis during the Hazops process.
- Update / Assessment of thermochemical/ security information as result of process changes derived from scale up/ optimization of process.
Requirements: We are looking for a candidate with a degree or engineering in chemistry, knowledge of Chemical Security Process or / and thermochemical analysis and 3 years of experience in a similar task. A high level of English is required for this position.